Friday, February 24, 2012

Cosmo Cricket LOVE....

Hi there, I'm here to share my latest creations which I made for Artfull Crafts. The theme this month at Artfull Crafts is LOVE. So I decided to create with some papers I love. Cosmos Crickets' Odds & Ends range is so gorgeous. I have had it in my stash for a while, just waiting for the perfect project to use it for...as you do!


I got this cute frame that comes with it's own stand from Ikea. They are only $1.99(AUD) and are a great to decorate to become a feature. This particular one is for my craft room. it sits on my new shelving nicely :)
This is what the unpackaged frame looks like. It's basically a blank canvas to work with. Oh the ideas I have in my head for these frames! The frames have a clear plastic insert that slides out, you would normally sit your photo in here. I just glued my paper of choice to the insert & trimmed and sanded the edges.

Then it's time to decorate! I made a little banner/bunting & added inked chipboard alpha (from J.T. Laser cuts) to spell out the word...Love. I attached the banner to some string & some brads from my stash. I wanted to keep the decorating simple but stylish so a pretty doily & a red heart sparklet by Kaisercraft to finish it off.

The really fun thing about this frame is that it is double sided! So turn it around & decorate it as you please. I can turn it around depending on my mood...love it!


So, for this side of the frame I used the pretty floral paper from the range, added another doily, a shape cut using the Spellbinders Nestabilities die 'labels one'. A sweet journal tag cut from the paper pack. A sweet little chipboard bird & some buttons & string from my stash.

While I had the bits and pieces out I thought I'd have a play with a new die I recently purchased. It is so cute, it is made by Quickutz & they are little file folders. I think they make gorgeous little journalling or gift tags.


I cut the folders using a cream/buff card stock to make them look a little more like manilla folders. I inked the edges for definition then decorated away with some of my favourite things: twine, clips, mini pegs, bling, brads, dymo labels & tape.
I added some patterned paper as a base which could be attached to a gift, card or page etc.




The idea is to undo the clip or peg etc to reveal a little private note, aren't they just the cutest things!

Thanks for your comments I really appreciate them.

Have a great day!

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lisa, I just love these things you have done, especially the photo stand - gorgeous! Haven't seen anything like that in NZ.
    I have been given an award and I am to pass it on to other blogs that have fewer that 200 followers - would you accept it please and add it to your blog page.
    You can link it up from bestofbetsys.blogspot.co.nz
    Love Betsy xx

    ReplyDelete